Child Custody & Family investigations
Among the most sensitive matters faced in a marriage dissolution are issues of child custody and visitation. For many parents, there is nothing more heartbreaking than losing in a custody battle with a former spouse. If you’re facing a court battle over child custody or visitation, you should consider hiring a private investigator. Pro Elite Group network of investigators can conduct child custody investigations which involve a comprehensive dive into the character, behavior, and parenting practices of your ex-spouse to collect the evidence needed to protect the best interests of your child.
The purpose of a child custody or child visitation investigation is to collect evidence regarding a spouse’s behavior and activities (particularly in regard to parenting) to be used against them as part of a divorce, separation, custody, or visitation legal proceeding. This can mean that one party is seeking evidence of bad conduct on the part of the other, or a party may be seeking evidence to prove the falseness of allegations of bad conduct made by the other party.
The primary interest of a court in overseeing any child-related case is to ensure the safety and well-being of the child or children involved. Factors considered under the standard child custody law commonly include :
- The child’s age
- Capacity of the parent to provide the child with a stable, safe, and secure home environment (including necessities such as food, clothing, medical care, etc.)
- Love, affection and other emotional ties between parent and child
- Moral fitness of the parent (including any criminal history, evidence of drug or alcohol abuse, etc.)
- Physical and emotional stability of the parent
- Evidence of abuse (physical, mental, emotional, verbal) or neglect, particularly in regard to the child or other parent
- Preference in keeping siblings together
- Willingness of one parent to uphold the parental rights of, and to cooperate with, the other parent
- The child’s preferences
A child custody case requires an experienced lawyer and an excellent private investigator. Hiring a private investigator with Pro Elite Group is quick and easy. Every case is assigned a dedicated excellent investigator and Case Manager to assist you every step of the way.
Get in touch with us
Contact UsContact Us
Phone & Email